Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Back Story

For lack of having to catch me or anyone else up with the latest details, here's the essential backstory to get you started.

The Rubber Chicken Mythology: Some Background (originally posted May 21, 2005, some updates made to keep us in the current world order)

I don't exactly know how it started but somehow, somewhere along the line I started using rubber chickens in plays I was directing. They are classics afterall. This mythology is really Eli's fault: He's been keeping track of the rubber chicken sightings and now it has become a thing of its own, a mythology. Nevertheless and all the more, I have to keep it up.

These rubbery oddities have appeared in my life in many ways over the years and certain traditions die hard. I've decided that I'm going to have to do some investigation on the history of the rubber chicken. More on this later. My friends Earl and Elvis (the current resident rubber chickens) will make appearances here from time to time, so please keep your eyes open.

For now, you benefit to some degree with the news and information from Elee's world. This is the current record of my life and times. This blog is dedicated to all the good friends I've found throughout the world who don't want to lose out on the good news and the inevitable mishaps, scrapes, celebrations, and successes as time slips through the hourglass.

Feel free to comment. Heckling is only allowed on alternate Wednesdays.

No comments: