Thursday, June 14, 2007

buon giorno!

buon giorno!

I'm in Italia soaking up the good phenomenological rays. The International Human Science Research conference is here for four days. I have to admit, this is the best conference I've been to yet this year. For one, this is the place where my research is most at home, and where what I believe about research is most accepted. So, you could call it a choir conference. And, while on the one hand that may seem too easy and letting on off of the hook, it is a refreshing and uplifting confidence builder.

We have our stars in phenomenology, and I got to sit next to one of them at breakfast. So many of the people that I've read are here and that makes it all the more exciting. Tomorrow I will make my presentation on the idea of object knowledge, along with Kiersten and Mark--my partners in object knowledge knowledge.

Slowly but surely we are learning the ways of Italy. Of course by the time we have it down, we'll have to be on our way home. But, it will be a good experience nonetheless.

Ciao for now.

No comments: